Chobe Under Canvas’s 5 Meru-style Tents are sprawled in a secluded area of Botswana’s game-rich Chobe National Park. Game-laden trails meander between the tents, allowing guests up-close-and-personal encounters with herds of elephants, stalking predators and humble plains game. Experience the rustic charm of camping combined with the comfort of a well-established lodge.
Ramble along in specially modified safari vehicles on morning and afternoon game drives in search of resident game. Private boat cruises on the Chobe River hold uninterrupted views of the floodplains and woodland as well as the abundance of birdlife frequenting its banks, from the chestnut-feathered goliath heron to the slender white-fronted bee-eater.Guided bushwalks reveal the area’s fascinating biodiversity and its exclusive inhabitant – the Chobe bushbuck.
The walk-in Safari Tents offer en-suite bathrooms complete with an al fresco hot bucket shower and flush toilet. Elegantly furnished with either twin or double beds and sisal matting covered floors, the spacious tents are a comfortable retreat after a day of gruelling safari excursions. An open-sided marquee-style tent serves as a communal area for lantern-lit meals.
- Set in a secluded area in the game-rich Chobe National Park
- The camp is unfenced, allowing wildlife to wander freely and ensuring up-close-and-personal encounters with the resident game
- Twice-daily game drives as well as private boat cruises on the Chobe River
- The Chobe bushbuck lives exclusively in the area
- The walk-in tents offer en-suite bathrooms complete with an al fresco hot bucket shower and flush toilet