Renowned for its leading elephant population, Chobe Elephant Camp in Botswana spoils visitors with endless game viewing opportunities and provides a well-rounded and blended Chobe experience. With a mixture of culture, craft and enthralling countryside, the lodge fits handsomely into any safari itinerary.
The alluring Chobe River is panoramically visible from the rocky ridge on which the lodge sits, overlooking an escarpment close to the Namibian border. This ‘land of the elephant’ is accessible by road or by air and is only five kilometres from Chobe National Park’s western gate. Game drives, guided walks and river cruises satisfy the wildlife-hungry traveller, and with the Sibuya tribe living nearby, guided village tours are on offer for cultural interaction and education.
Comfortably accommodating 24 guests farmstead-style, 10 twin rooms and a 4-sleeper Family Suite are available in this eco-friendly lodge, created from the natural red Kalahari sands that are signature of this part of Botswana. A large open-plan central space invites diners, loungers and cocktail drinkers to make use of the wonderful bar/dining and boma areas, which lead down to a swimming pool with viewing deck onto a private waterhole.
- 10 luxurious rooms and a 4-sleeper family unit capture the feel of a traditional African farmhouse
- Enchanting panoramic views of the Chobe River and floodplains below
- Removed from the crowds on the eastern side of the park
- Game drives, guided walks, and river cruises to get in touch with Botswana’s amazing wildlife
- Village visits and cultural interactions with the native Sibuya tribe