Highly skilled rangers and Shangaan trackers ensure Big 5 game viewing opportunities during dawn and dusk safaris, while optional bushwalks after breakfast reveal more about the flora and fauna, and humbler creatures of the bush. Absorb the sights and sounds of the wilderness not only in the bush but from the higher-up views that the lodge provides. Facilities at Thornybush Waterside Lodge include comfy lounges with views over the lake, an open-air bar and dining area, a swimming pool with sundeck, library with internet access, curio shop, children’s programme and a cosy boma.
The lodge has been designed to blend in with the natural habitat, with the 20 thatched Suites, well-spaced to afford privacy. The Suites are spacious and all have en-suite bathrooms with a separate bath and shower, as well as air conditioning, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and a private verandah. Some Suites are inter-leading, perfect for families travelling with children. Dining at is a real treat: the chef and team produce fresh, quality local and continental dishes in a tasteful and innovative way.
- Part of the Thornybush Collection of properties with good facilities on site
- Child-friendly property with inter-leading suites for families; children’s programme and babysitting available
- The rangers are familiar with the movements of the wildlife, guaranteeing guests the best game drive sightings
- Excellent and innovative dining experiences
- Within easy access of Hoedspruit Airport
Guernsey Road, Thornybush Private Nature Reserve
Hoedspruit, Limpopo Province, 9798
- Internet Access
- Conference Facilities