River Club is situated on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, upstream from the thundering Victoria Falls. The farm on which this Edwardian-style lodge stands is steeped in history, having started out as a settler post before acting as a holiday destination for royals and Hollywood celebrities. Guests can immerse themselves in olden-day charm and five-star luxury.
Drift quietly downstream on a sunset cruise, passing hippo, crocodile, and the odd elephant. Birders will delight in sights of Schalow’s loerie, African finfoot, and African skimmer. The iconic Victoria Falls is a mere half an hour drive from the lodge, with the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park offering spectacular game-viewing opportunities. The local village showcases aspects of African village life and allows guests to spend time in the traditional settlements.
The lodge consists of 11 private and spacious suites, all individually set within trees on the edge of the Zambezi River and positioned to catch every African sunset. Each suite, ranging from the River Suite to the Princess Mary Suite, features an en-suite bathroom with a ‘loo with a view’ as well as air conditioning, mosquito netting, and mini-fridge.
- Situated on the banks of the Zambezi River upstream from the thundering Victoria Falls
- 11 private and spacious suites, all individually set within trees on the edge of the Zambezi River
- The lodge features a lounge, library, dining room, and verandah overlooking the garden and river
- The iconic Victoria Falls is a mere half an hour drive from the lodge
- Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park offers spectacular game-viewing opportunities