The majestic Zambezi River flows past your open-sided chalet, and you share the Zambian days and nights at Sindabezi Island Lodge with the resident hippos, elephants, and crocodiles in the waters below your deck. This accredited international ecolodge is miles away from any tourist bustle, offering a tranquil and remote safari haven.
This exclusive camp on a private isle on the Zambezi is the sole luxury bushcamp from where Victoria Falls can comfortably be explored. Activities such as canoeing, white-water rafting, and fishing are some of the more favoured ways to fully experience the falls—‘the smoke that thunders’. The tropical rainforest of the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park is the stomping ground of big game, with marvellous wildlife-spotting opportunities on 4x4 game drives and guided bush walks.
Take in the riverside vistas from one of 5 thatched chalets, built on stilts above the Zambezi River. Open sides allow instant connection with nature, and hurricane lamps provide a soft glow to your scenic dining occasions. Extra specialties include island lunches, sunrise and sunset boat cruises, and sampan floating candlelit dinners to romanticise an already amorous environment.
- Proximity to Victoria Falls on the banks of the Zambezi River
- Accredited international ecolodge—solar power and low carbon footprint
- 4 open-sided Luxury Chalets and one Honeymoon Suite with outside claw-foot bathtub
- Game drives, bush walks, cultural tours, and visits to the Maramba Market
- Incredible views across the Zambezi floodplains and into the nearby National Park