As the largest area of permanently dry land in this region of the Okavango Delta, Hunda Island rises above an area dominated by permanent wetlands with deep-water channels, seasonal floodplains and islands. Located on this island of interconnecting habitats, Tubu Tree Camp sits in the middle of big-game country, ensuring diverse and thrilling wildlife encounters.
Day and night game drives allow each guest a window seat to this natural splendour of wildlife – huge herds of elephants and buffalo traverse the mopane forests, while the antelope prefer the open plains. Predatory cats are present as well as a profusion of birdlife. Bushwalks are also on offer and as soon as the water levels rise, canoe safaris and fishing excursions commence.
Built in a traditional style, the 8 elevated Standard Tents are connected by raised wooden walkways. Large sliding doors with mesh panels lead on to private decks featuring sprawling vistas of the floodplain. Each tent comes equipped with an en-suite bathroom and an outdoor shower, while the Family Tent Unit consists of two adjoining tents and a shared lounge.
- Located on the largest area of permanently dry land in this region of the Okavango Delta
- In the middle of big-game country, ensuring thrilling encounters
- Day and night game drives reveal different animals, including serval and the aardwolf
- As soon as the water levels rise, canoe safaris and fishing excursions commence
- 8 elevated Standard Tents are built in traditional style connected by raised wooden walkways