Royal Chundu River Lodge rests on a private stretch on the banks of the Zambezi River, just upstream from the mighty Victoria Falls. Protected by two sets of rapids, the Relais & Châteaux property embraces an ambience that is both wild and graceful.
Explore the lifeblood of Victoria Falls – canoe the waters where hippo pods roam, toss your line into the deep-flowing channels to wrangle the stubborn tiger fish, meet the people who call the riverbanks home, and meander along its current on a sunset cruise. Venture to Katombora Island in the middle of the Zambezi, peppered with 2,000 year-old jackalberry trees, and python creepers. Persian-rugged picnics are set beneath the trees, accompanied by the sounds of the coursing rapids and African fish eagle’s cry.
Each of the 10 thatched roofed, river-front Classic and Luxury Suites come with a double shower, king-size bed, and private deck boasting uninterrupted views of the river. Sip on champagne in the lounge’s boma or retire to the dining room for an intimate dinner. Surrender to the spa’s natural and holistic treatments, applied by the local massage therapists’ healing hands.
- River Lodge is set on a private stretch on the banks of the Zambezi River, just upstream from Victoria Falls
- Canoe the Zambezi River’s waters or set out on a sunset cruise
- Tiger fishing challenges serious fishermen and novices alike
- Katombora is a private island in the middle of the Zambezi
- Each of the 10 river-front Suites come with a double shower, king-size bed, and a private deck