Where Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia meet, the mighty Zambezi River rushes on with the enticing Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge resting on its sidelines. The lodge was built in the seclusion of a private national parks concession in Matetsi, offering popular and prolific game viewing.
Birding and wildlife sightings at Imbabala are top-notch and generous thanks to the habitat and species overlap from the nearby Okavango Delta. Game tracking occurs on morning, afternoon and night game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles. Walking safaris and tiger fishing excursions are also available by prior arrangement. The 5000 acre concession borders the Chobe Forest Reserve, which is noted for its enormous elephant population. Exploring the Zambezi River by boat affords guests exclusive exposure to riverine life.
Each of 8 thatched Chalets is uniquely decorated and fantastically positioned with wide verandas that open onto sweeping views of the Zambezi River. Meals of high quality are enjoyed al fresco or in the open-fronted dining room while the swimming pool makes the heat of the day just that much more bearable.
- In a private national parks concession on the riverine fringe of the Zambezi River
- 8 thatched Chalets with wide verandas that open onto sweeping views of the Zambezi River
- Prolific bird and wildlife sighting on game drives, walking safaris and boat cruises
- Tiger fishing excursions available by prior arrangement
- Enjoy alfresco meals or dinner in the open-fronted dining room