Whether you’re a family of five looking to escape the daily grind or a loved-up pair in search of a romantic retreat, a safari at Sabi Sabi Game Reserve is just what you need. Offering an authentic safari experience with added luxury, visitors will find peace and relaxation in the heart of the bushveld in this 65,000ha reserve. Sabi Sabi is teeming with wildlife and untainted by the crowds that flock to the neighbouring Kruger National Park.
Start the day by greeting the bush on foot with a guided walk and keep your eyes peeled while on twice-daily Game Drives. The reserve’s wildlife population include the Big 5, endangered wild dog, rhino, cheetah, and a multitude of birds. Amateur and experienced photographers will be thrilled to experience Sabi Sabi’s personalised photographic safari complete with custom vehicles and knowledgeable guides.
End your day with a massage at the wellness spa and a dinner accompanied by tribal dancing. A visit to the nearby Shangaan will enhance your understanding of local culture and their customs – and be sure to pay a visit to the traditional healer while you’re there. Guests can reach Sabi Sabi by flying to the Sabi Sabi airstrip or nearby Skukuza Airport. Both airports service daily flights from Johannesburg.
- Equipped to entertain families with children as young as 4 and those on honeymoon
- The Sabi and Sand Rivers run through the reserve, attracting a multitude of wildlife to its banks
- Off-roading is permitted and allows for closer inspection of the wildlife by guests
- A five-hour drive from Johannesburg and a two-hour drive from Nelspruit
- Skukuza Airport services daily flights from Cape Town and Johannesburg
- The Sabi Sabi Airstrip services direct flights from Johannesburg or connections through Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport