The Londolozi Private Game Reserve’s name is derived from the Zulu meaning ‘protector of all living things’ and this reserve more than embraces its namesake’s philosophy as one of South Africa’s pioneers in long-term nature conservation. Nelson Mandela, the reserve’s most distinguished guest, once described it as a place where ‘people of all races living in harmony amidst the beauty that mother nature offers. Londolozi represent a model of the dream I cherish for the future of nature preservation in our country.
’ Home to the Big 5 and renowned as a predator’s paradise, Londolozi allows guests to observe its magnificent creatures on Bush Walks and twice-daily Game Drives. The different camps and lodges cater for a variety of guests from honeymooners to families. Greet the day with a yoga class in the bush or wade in swimming pools overlooking the landscape beyond. Dine al fresco while the canopy of stars in the night sky twinkles overhead.
The reserve is keen on wildlife rehabilitation and protection that goes hand-in-hand with community upliftment. Londolozi’s emphasis on protecting the natural splendour of the African bush has been paired with luxury and exclusivity. Visitors can reach Londolozi via a road transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport or from the Londolozi Airstrip which services direct flights from Johannesburg.
- A proud member of the exclusive Relais & Châteaux fellowship
- Londolozi pairs luxury with a fierce commitment to conservation, wildlife rehabilitation, and community upliftment
- Home the Big 5 and known for its frequent sightings of the elusive leopard
- Caters for a variety of guests from honeymooners to families
- The Londolozi airstrip services daily flights from OR Tambo, otherwise guests can undergo the road transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airpor
- Emphasis on luxury and exclusivity
Getting to Londolozi
- Two and a half hour transfer from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) to Londolozi on request
- 500KM from Johannesburg: an easy five-hour drive on National Roads
- The Sabi Sand Reserve levies a fee at the entrance per vehicle of ZAR190.00 and ZAR50.00 per person in the vehicle as well as any individual arriving by air. (subject to change)
- Scheduled flights from Durban and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA). Transfers from KMIA to Londolozi airstrip.
- Private charters on request Helicopter transfers on request
- Privately owned aircraft Indemnity Form to be completed prior to arrival.
*Complimentary transfers between Londolozi Airstrip and the various camps at Londolozi.