Built on the banks of the Sabie River with magnificent views of this perennial waterway in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Lion Sands Ivory Lodge has been family-owned-and-run since 1933. ‘Luxurious’ just doesn’t cut it when describing the glass-fronted Suites dotted along the river, each one of them with sweeping views of the bush and beyond.
The river running through Lion Sands attracts herds of wildlife to its banks – particularly Africa’s majestic Big 5. Couple this natural abundance with the vast knowledge of the lodge's senior ecologists, rangers, and trackers and you start to understand why Lion Sands is considered one of the ultimate safari experiences within the Greater Kruger National Park. Lion Sands offers a host of activities, most notably a night under the stars in a secluded luxury tree house.
Each of the 6 Suites (perhaps more aptly called Villas) are positioned 20 metres apart and linked to all areas via fairytale-like wooden walkways. Each Suite is generous in space, boasting an en-suite bathroom, outdoor and inside shower, air conditioning, courtyard, and lounge with fireplace, wooden viewing deck, patio, and your own private plunge pool.
- 6 Suites that are the height of luxury and contemporary design
- Set along the banks of the Sabie River
- Perfect for honeymoons or romantic getaways
- Family-owned-and-run, ensuring genuine and personalised hospitality
- Maximum of 6 guests per game vehicle, with private vehicles subject to availability