Overlooking the seasonal Nwaswitsontso River and hidden by Jackalberry and Tamboti trees, Imbali Safari Lodge promises a safari without guests having to leave the lodge. Once the site of an African settlement centuries ago, the lodge’s grounds in a private concession of Kruger have revealed numerous artefacts and tools once used by its original residents. Now the only inhabitants are you – and the Big 5.
While the impressive number of Kruger’s Big 5 population is undoubtedly one of its major drawcards, it is also a twitchers paradise with over 500 bird species and a myriad of reptiles, amphibians, predators and plains game. Let the songbirds of the bush and the calls of the wild be the soundtrack to your safari.
The main lodge’s viewing deck is dotted by the odd tree emerging comfortably from beneath it, while its swimming pool, lounge and outdoor dining area are perfect spots to relax. Imbali’s 12 Suites boast luxurious en suite bathrooms with Victorian baths and walk-in showers. Its French doors lead out onto a private deck and plunge pool/Jacuzzi overlooking, depending on the season, river or grassland.
- One of only three lodges in a 10,000 hectare private concession in Kruger National Park
- 12 Suites each with their own viewing deck, plunge pool/Jacuzzi, walk-in shower and Victorian bath
- Children over six welcome with specifically-tailored kiddies activities available
- Enjoy spa treatments in the comfort of your suite
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in main areas