The Kruger National Park, land of giants, was once home to the Magnificent Seven - a group of elephants who roamed across its plains for decades and sported illustrious tusks. One of these great tuskers, Shawu, traversed a particular valley in Kruger for over half a century and has been awarded the title of owner of the longest tusks ever recorded in South Africa. Onlookers were said to have their breaths taken away at the mere sight of him. Camp Shawu aims to do the same.
The Kruger National Park is South Africa’s flagship safari destination, drawing eager travellers who want to catch a glimpse of the Big 5 and the myriad of other wildlife that call the park home. With over 500 bird species, 147 mammals and 114 reptiles to name a few – there is plenty to see.
Found in a 15,000 hectare private concession that allows activities such as game walks (which is not permitted in the park), Camp Shawu has a prime positioning with its 5 spaciously-appointed Rooms overlooking Mpanamana Dam. Onsite amenities include a pool, bar, restaurant, barber/beauty salon, secure parking, babysitting and indoor/outdoor dining areas.
- Intimate camp with only 10 guests at a time in the 5 Rooms overlooking Mpanamana Dam
- On a 15,000 hectare private concession in Kruger
- Game walks and Game Drives are just some of the activities on offer
- Convenient onsite amenities include a restaurant, pool, beauty salon and babysitting services
- Nearby points of interest include the Panorama Route, a reptile park, elephant sanctuary and hot-air ballooning activities