An exclusive Big-5 destination awaits in the 23,000-hecatre Manyeleti Game Reserve which lies on the southwest border of the famed and unfenced Kruger National Park. Meaning ‘place of stars’ in Shangaan, Manyeleti is off the traditional beaten track and promises a secluded safari experience free from the eager crowds stampeding through Kruger.
Once the only game reserve in the country where people of colour were permitted to enjoy the bush in its true, Manyeleti’s somewhat sombre history has been transformed into one of prosperity and promise as the reserve is now owned by the local Mnisi tribe. Its lack of investment and funds during the apartheid era has resulted in an unspoilt and wild expanse of savannah that recalls the African bush before the tourism boom.
The extensive gravel roads of Manyeleti culminating into 200 kilometres of trails will give visitors excellent opportunity to spot wildlife - particularly the elusive leopard which can regularly be seen in the reserve. Adding to the authenticity and exclusivity found in Manyeleti, only 3 accommodation options are available: the Honeyguide Tents, Tintswalo Safari Lodge, and Tintswalo Manor House - all catering to different needs and different guests.
- Manyeleti Game Reserve offers a more secluded safari experience than other reserves in the area
- Game drives and walks are offered, bringing guests up close and personal with the wildlife in the area
- Manyeleti is a prime destination for wildlife and nature enthusiasts, bird-watchers, and photographers
- Game drives take place twice-daily at times when animals are most active and chances of sightings are increased
- Manyeleti is accessible by road transfer after guests land at the well-served Hoedspruit Airport (also known as Eastgate Airport)