Take a three-hour scenic drive out of Cape Town and into the Karoo. Here, at the horseshoe bend in a dry ravine in the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, you will find a find a place unlike any other - Dwyka Tented Lodge, a place where you can experience an authentic desert escape without sacrificing the comforts of nifty accommodation.
The 54,000 hectare Sanbona Wildlife Reserve possesses a beauty that is otherworldly. The stark landscape is dotted with succulents and rock formations that have been adorned with Khoisan rock art. The reserve is also the home to the elusive white lion, a rare species that has been reintroduced into the area in recent years. After a day of searching for this magnificent creature, treat yourself to a rejuvenating session at the lodge’s Relaxation Retreat.
Accommodation consists of a total of 9 Luxury Tents, 7 of which have king-size beds while 2 come with twin-size beds. All Tents are equipped with indoor and outdoor showers, as well as private decks with plunge pools and a view to the rugged beauty of a dry riverbed. Karoo winters can get icy, while the summer sun can be quite harsh. Luckily all Tents come with air conditioning and underfloor heating to make your stay more comfortable.
- Situated on the 54,000 hectare Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, showcasing the Karoo’s rugged beauty
- Home to the rare white lion which has been reintroduced into the area
- 9 Luxury Tents, 7 of which have king-size beds while 2 come with twin-size beds
- Private decks and plunge pools with each Tent
- An on-site Relaxation retreat with two therapy rooms