Indigenous forest, rural farmland, towering keurboom trees and scatterings of palms surround Lily Pond Country Lodge, named after the glistening waters of its pond - rich in koi fish and visited by an array of birdlife. In the verdant Nature’s Valley, a stone’s throw from the Tsitsikamma National Park, this lodge is the perfect tranquil base to explore South Africa’s veritable Eden.
Coastal towns such as Knysna and Plettenberg Bay are a short drive away, along with Blue Flag beaches, Robberg Nature Reserve and the Keurbooms River Nature Reserve. Guests can page through a book on the lodge’s deck overlooking the pond, take a dip in the rim flow swimming pool that mesmerisingly seems to flow into the pond itself, or take a stroll through the surrounding 12 hectares of forest.
The lodge’s Standard Suites have French doors opening on to a private patio overlooking the ponds. The Luxury Suite boasts a lounge and doors opening on to an indigenous garden while the Luxury Garden Suite has forest or pond views from their terraces. The Honeymoon Suite has a spa bath, deck and private garden leading into the forest.
- All Suites have air conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities, an honesty bar, TV and Wi-Fi
- Spa offers massages and reflexology treatments, while the Jacuzzi can be privately booked
- The lodge has a fusion restaurant with breakfast served on the patio and lunch and dinner overlooking the pond
- Activities include whale-watching, hiking, golfing, horse riding, tree-top canopy tours, mountain biking and boating
- Staff are eager to help and plan activities