The first thing you will notice about Emily Moon River Lodge, perched on the high banks of the Bitou River just outside Plettenberg Bay, is the view. Once you’re done taking in the scenery of wetland, river and dark mountains, have a look around your superbly appointed room. The owners’ attention to detail is reflected in the décor of the 10 Lodge Rooms – African artwork, from as far afield as Somalia and Kenya, has all been personally collected and incorporated with precision.
The stage is set for relaxation - a private balcony with uninterrupted views, coupled with the seclusion of your own lodge. Emily’s Restaurant is renowned for exceptional cuisine and Simon’s Bar, with its viewing deck, is the perfect place to take in the sunset and a glass or two before dining.
Close by is the area known as The Crags. Here you will find a variety of eco-tourism animal sanctuaries always worth a visit. A little further afield is the famous Bloukrans Bridge with the world’s highest bungee jump, and the beautiful lush forests of Tsitsikamma National Park.
- Small lodge size ensures high quality of personal service
- Magnificent views over Bitou River and beyond
- Exceptional on-site restaurant with menus planned daily according to fresh produce available
- Close proximity to many sightseeing activities on the Garden Route, including the town of Plettenberg Bay
- Lodge with a legend and charming décor artefacts from Africa