Derwent House Boutique Hotel was borne out of a desire to create a boutique hotel in Cape Town offering travellers an alternative to the large, impersonal hotel experience. The dream: a warm welcome, impeccable customised service, and a sense of contemporary style that never slides into pretentiousness.
The dream was a major success, and Derwent House has now become one of Cape Town’s leading guesthouses, located a few steps away from trendy Kloof Street with its abundance of superb restaurants, bars, boutiques, and cafes. The owners are passionate about food and wine and will gladly assist in recommending meals, tastings, and tours. This prime position offers easy access to Table Mountain, Camp’s Bay, the V&A Waterfront, and downtown—no more than a 10-minute drive away.
With 10 rooms and 2 self-catering apartments, guests are given undivided attention unique to Derwent House. Several rooms have magnificent mountain views and private terraces, while others open onto the wooden-decked pool area or a private deck area. Homely touches like the honesty bar, wholesome breakfasts and potlucks, and complimentary sherry and cake at teatime express the top priority of guest comfort and happiness.
- Located close to Kloof Street and its abundance of superb restaurants, bars, boutiques and cafes
- Offers travellers an alternative to the large, impersonal hotel experience
- 10 rooms and 2 self-catering apartments with homely touches, some with magnificent mountain views and private terraces
- Easy access to Table Mountain, Camp’s Bay, the V&A Waterfront, and downtown
- Recommendations for meals, wine tastings and tours