In sharp contrast to the lush wetlands of the Okavango Delta, Kwando Tau Pan Camp in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve offers unprecedented opportunity to experience the truly pristine wilderness of remote Botswana. One may expect the Kalahari Desert region to be barren and devoid of life, but be prepared to be proven wrong in this magnificent habitat teeming with activity.
Positioned on the ridge of an archaic sand dune, the camp offers outstanding views of the famous Tau Pan and watering hole below - an uncommon experience in a land as flat as Botswana. Discover the renowned Deception Valley, Sunday, Piper and Passarge Pans by means of guided day trips and game drives and enjoy a bush brunch or stargazing adventure.
Amidst this stark beauty are 9 carefully-designed Thatched Units on raised decks, each one created with respect towards the area’s delicate ecosystems. Solar power is used to supply electricity, hot water and pumped water from beneath the Kalahari sands. Look out over the endless Kalahari horizon from the camp’s plunge pool and make sure to visit the lounge/bar and dining area, as well as the curio shop.
- Famous as a pristine wilderness area in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- 9 environmentally-adapted en-suite rooms including one family room
- Activities include game drives, bush walks and stargazing
- Panoramic views of the rolling desert landscape and watering hole
- On the edge of an aged sand dune, fully solar powered and water-efficient camp