On the lush banks of the Tati River just outside of Francistown and only 90km from Botswana’s border with Zimbabwe, Cresta Marang Gardens provides a welcome and comfortable respite for travellers self-driving their way through the country and heading onwards across the border. Home to shops, museums, and nature reserves—guests will have plenty to do and see while stocking up on supplies.
As the site of Africa’s first gold rush, this old frontier-town-turned-metropolis is steeped in history. Often referred to as ‘the capital of the North’, the outskirts of Francistown are dotted with old, abandoned mines. That’s not all—guests can also visit Tachila Nature Reserve, Birds and Game Botswana (an animal orphanage), and Domboshaba where remnants of an Iron Age site can be viewed.
Guests can choose between the air-conditioned Standard and Executive Rooms. Other onsite amenities include a swimming pool, restaurant, cocktail lounge, room service, parking, casino, Wi-Fi, and TV. For lazy evenings spent indoors, guests can make use of room service, while a complimentary airport shuttle is on offer for those who are arriving and leaving via air.
- A short drive outside of Francistown and only 90km from Botswana’s border with Zimbabwe
- On the banks of the Tati River
- Complimentary airport shuttle, secure parking, and room service are just some of the conveniences on offer
- Known as the ‘capital of the North’
- Francistown was the site of Africa’s first gold rush