Kwando Lagoon Camp lies on the shady banks of the Kwando River among tall and ancient African ebony and marula trees, under the watchful gaze of the resident hippos. This peaceful camp is set in Botswana's private Kwando concession in the Linyanti Wetlands.
Enjoy the numerous activities on offer, including off-road night-time game drives, nature walks (depending on the season), fishing and evening cruises on the double-deck boat with sundowners in hand of course. The shaded environment of the camp hosts a great variety of birds and during the winter months large herds of buffalo and elephant can be spotted close to the camp - with ever-opportunistic predators and even wild dog lurking not far behind.
The camp is simple and comes with all the necessary comforts. Not a massage table, Victorian bath, cigar humidor or wine cellar in site! Staying at Kwando is all about the wildlife experience. The camp accommodates only 16 guests in 8 Safari-Style Tents. Each Tent looks out over the water and has private en-suite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers, flush toilets and modern amenities.
- Only 8 Tents on the banks of the Kwando River in game-rich Caprivi Region
- Off-road game-driving and night drives
- Late-afternoon boat cruises give you an opportunity to see the wilderness and wildlife from a different perspective
- Known for large herds of buffalo and elephant close to the camp
- Wild dog have also made this region their home and sightings are common