In 2008, the Savuti Channel suddenly and mysteriously began to flow after being dry for 28 years, flooding the sweet grasslands of the Savuti Marsh with water. Wildlife flocked to the area, drawn in by the new water supply and turning it into one of the world’s best predator-viewing spots. The intimate Camp Savuti is set right in the middle of this fascinating hotspot, allowing guests to witness this spectacle first hand.
Thanks to its unfenced boundaries, Camp Savuti receives regular wildlife visitors, making it very easy to observe animals from the camp. The guides at Camp Savuti are on hand to give insight into this fascinating world while morning and afternoon game drives in open vehicles allow for spectacular viewing and photographic opportunities. During the rainy seasons, birds flock to the area and the channel comes alive with blooming flora.
In addition to such spectacular game viewing, the camp also provides luxury and aesthetics that blend with its natural surroundings. Each of the 5 Meru-style Tented Suites boast ample space, en suite bathrooms, carpeted floors and private verandahs.
- The Savuti Marsh offers one of the world’s best predator viewing spectacles
- The unfenced camp means that wildlife are often right on your doorstep
- Open vehicles allow for spectacular viewing and photographic opportunities
- The luxurious Meru-style Tented Suites offer ample space, en suite bathrooms and private verandahs
- The aesthetic of the camp blends in with the natural surroundings